Pages

Saturday 5 July 2014

Top 10 beauty products I love

Hey ladiiieesss,
Been a while since I've made and entry but I've been so busy working and stuff. I'll try and make a couple more entries when I can. So I decided to write a post on the top 10 beauty products that I love and think all you girls should have in either your makeup kit or just in general!
I'll start this list off with my favorite mascara.

10. Mascara- Now, every girl needs a good mascara in their makeup kit. I've tried a few different types and when I mean a few I mean like 10 different mascaras from 10 different brands if there is that many haha. I usually use drug store type mascaras so I'll start with those. Here's my top 5 mascara brands. #1 is "Benefit Cosmetics" "They're Real" in black. #2 is "Maybeline New York" "One by One Volum' Express" in blackest black. #3 is "Rimmel London" "Scandaleyes" in black. #4 is "Maybeline New York" "Great Lash" in blackest black and very black." #5 is "Maybeline New York" "Illegal Length" in blackest black.



9. Under eye concealer- If you're like me and have dark under eye circles then under eye concealer is a must have in your kit. My go to eye concealer is Garnier Skin Renew Anti-dark circle roller in Light. Now this concealer includes caffeine as well as lemon and mineral pigments. This is a great concealer and is my go to concealer. When you apply under eye concealer you should apply it in a triangle shape under your eyes, it draws light to that area and makes your dark circles appear less noticeable. Now under eye concealer isn't the only way to diminish the appearance of under eye circles. Getting enough sleep, drinking lots of water and taking care of your skin every night will help in the diminishing of under eye circles.




8. Blush- Now I haven't tried a lot of different blushes but I do like this blush by e.l.f cosmetics. It's elf Studio blush in Candid coral and Blushing Rose. Now as you can see the candid coral is the one I used the most until I got the blushing rose. They're both good colors and look good with my skin tone.



7. Primer- I have two different primers that are my favorite. One of them is by Sephora and the other is Clear Prep FX. These are both great primers for the summer time/ a night out. I don't usually use primers or moisturizers cause I already have an oily complexion as it is. But the anti-shine primer works pretty well with my oily skin without drying it out too much. If I'm doing an intense dance night then there's just no hope for my makeup sometimes. I haven't found a primer that totally prevents shine/ oiliness, once I do I'll let you ladies know!


6. Eye shadow primer-My favorite eyeshadow primer of all time is...you guessed it! Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. If you haven't tried this eyeshadow primer before you need to start using this! I get greasy eyelids and this helps my makeup stay where I put it instead of getting that nasty crease I used to suffer from before I started using this primer.

5.  Bronzer-  The bronzer I think takes the cake for me is Rimmel London Natural Bronzer + Natural Minerals in the shade This is a really good bronzer in my opinion. It shows up well enough that you don't need to put too much on. I got for a more blended look instead of caking it on. A little goes a long way ladies! The darker the shade on a fair skin tone the more it will show up. Using two completely different shades on the color spectrum will help out with defining/ contouring your face.



4. Eyebrow pencil- Now, there are tons and tons of products for eyebrows, from pencils to gels to powders. I mainly use pencil. I don't go all out on my eyebrows, just fill it in a little bit where I have sparse brows from when I shaved them as a kid. Now that was a fun time, going to school with half a shaved brow. Ladies, when I say fill in the brow I'm pretty much just shading it in lightly, it's sorta like painting. Light brush strokes but with either a pencil or powder if you prefer to use that. I prefer pencil just because that's the look I like. Now if you like more of a powder and gel combination the go ahead and use that, if you like just gel then use that, all up to you ladies! The pencil I like the most is the NYC Kohl brow/ eyeliner pencil in black.



3. Eyelash curler- I know this isn't really a beauty product but it's a beauty must. If you have long lashes but after a long day your lashes go straight like mine do then a curler can sorta help, but not much. Those lashes are stubborn! No matter how hard I try to curl them sometimes they just don't like to stay curled. I use the e.l.f. eyelash curler but you can use any eyelash curler.



2. Liquid and pencil eyeliner- Every girl needs eyeliner. Black is the number one color you should have and then you can branch out and add other colors into your collection. White is also a basic color to use on the inner corner of your eye to make your eyes pop or even on your water line to make your eyes look bigger. I like brown eyeliner put under my waterline then smudged out for that sexy look. Liquid is great for the cat eye look and if you want more of a smudged out sexy smokey eye then a pencil is the perfect option. I like the Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eye pencil, NYX Jumbo eye shadow pencil in milk, Wet'n'wild eye pencil in dark brown, and the e.l.f. liquid eyeliner in black. 


1. Eye shadow palettes- This is the number one product I love to use because you can make a ton of different looks with a palette. I have a few different palettes, but my favorite one is from  e.l.f. 32 piece eye shadow palette in Natural. This palette is great it's got nudes, browns, gold tones and of course blacks, you can create any number of looks with this palette.



And that ladies is my list of top 10 beauty products that I love. Now everyone has different products that they love, and these are just some of my favorites. If you ladies have any products that you love and would like me to try then let me know!
Happy shopping ladies! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment