Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

Makeup essentials

So here's my list of my top 10 makeup essentials. These items are what I think you ladies need to have in your makeup collection. There's tons and tons and tons of different types of makeup that you want or need in your collection, but here's my top 10 that I think every girl should have in her kit.

  1. Waterproof Mascara- Now this is an obvious one. Make sure that when you are selecting this mascara you get a couple bottles of your favorite one. I know what you're thinking, "but it costs like $14/ bottle" I know, I know. But think about it. If you spend that money now and keep an extra in your kit then you won't have to spend that money later, plus when it runs out you don't have to rush to the store to pick some up. I don't know how many times that's happened to me but it is very annoying, also find a good waterproof mascara for those hot days and if you're having a crying fit and/ or tearing up from a good movie. (This one is a girls' best friend)
  2. Good foundation/ coverup- This is a must have in your makeup kit. Now finding the right foundation/ coverup is a difficult task. (Check out my 'What to look for when buying coverup/ foundation' post). http://makeupwithnatt.blogspot.ca/2013/11/what-to-look-for-when-buying-coverup.html
  3. Eyeliner- You want to have a gel eyeliner/ liquid liner to make those beautiful cat eye looks that everyone loves so much. Having both is a good option in my opinion. Both of these give a different look depending on what style you're going for. Gel eyeliner can create a more thick style look because you're using a brush. If you're using a liquid liner this one varies in thickness depending on the style of the brush that it comes with and how you apply it. 
  4. Lipstick- You gotta have a lipstick. Doesn't matter what color, whichever you like. I think you should always have a red, nude, pink, brown, purple and a black lipstick in your kit. Don't worry the black would be for those Halloween looks you guys are going to create!(Don't forget the matching lipliner!)
  5. Eyeshadow- This one is pretty obvious. I would suggest having a few different colors. Depending on your eye color go with ones that are more suited for your color, or you can opt for an eyeshadow palette. I have 3 from e.l.f and they are pretty freaking amazing. (Check out my post for 'Choosing the right eyeshadow for your eye color) http://makeupwithnatt.blogspot.ca/2013/11/best-eyeshadow-for-your-eye-color.html
  6. Primer- This one isn't really a type of makeup, but this helps your makeup stay where it is and can defuse the look of oil on your face depending on what kind of primer you get. 
  7. Bronzer- Having the right kind of bronzer can really enhance your look. This will help define your face when you apply it to your temples, jawline, bridge of your nose and the crook of your cheeks (under your cheekbone).
  8. Eyeshadow primer- Now I know this a little similar to the primer but these ones are designed specifically for your eyes. If you're like me and get greasy eyelids I HIGHLY recommend the Urban Decay primer potion. I have been using this one for years and it is by far the best I've ever used. It works by mattifying your eyelid and creating just enough of a layer for your eyeshadow to stick to so it won't go anywhere. It also defines the eyeshadow and makes it more bright and gives it that WOW factor. 
  9. Eyeliner pencil- This is another essential for when your kit, they come in handy when you want to line your water line. You want to find a liner that is going to last and not run down your face when you cry or when you're out all night with the girls or on a date. 
  10. Last but not least Concealer- You gotta cover up those dark circles from the night before or just when you had one of those days where you couldn't sleep. This is by far the most important item because it can make or break your makeup look. My all time fav is the Garnier Skin renew anti-dark circle roller. I've been using this for a while and I love it. Now I haven't exactly noticed a diminish in my dark circles, but that's probably because I don't drink lots of water and don't get 8 hours of sleep everyday, but it definitely brightens my eyes right away and I love how easy it is to apply. 
Well, there you have it ladies. My top 10 makeup essentials every girl should have in her makeup kit. If you have these items you'll be well on your way to having one of those crazy big makeup kits and you'll be able to create any look your heart desires.
Happy Shopping! XOXO :)


No comments:

Post a Comment